Commercial job postings?

Peter Murray-Rust Peter at ursus.demon.co.uk
Wed May 28 08:15:48 BST 1997

In message <3.0.32.19970527065333.00a1fe80 at pop.intergate.bc.ca> Tim Bray writes:
> Meta-question:
[...]
> Anyhow, would people consider it an abuse of this mailing list if
> the odd job posting started showing up?  I personally think it would
> be good, simply as a service to the industry we're trying to create,
> and as a useful barometer of what's going on out there. - Tim

Personally I wouldn't have a problem, but it's Henry who does the hard
work behind the scenes.  Job listings would certainly give the impression
would certainly  give the impression XML is going places.  [Just give me
a private copy as well :-)].

While I'm posting, this is probably a trivial XML/SGML question, but I am
worried about EMPTY content in WF documents.  As far as I can see, in
validated SGML

<!Doctype A [
<!ELEMENT A - o EMPTY>
]>
<A>

and

<!DOCTYPE A [
<!element a - - ANY>
]>
<A></A>

both return the same result, and that seems to be the same with NXP
both validating and non-validating (the first example uses <A/> of course).
Is there any way that the content could be returned as a null string ("")?

Can attributes have null values?  is

B=""    the same as omitting B when #IMPLIED?

	P.

--
Peter Murray-Rust, domestic net connection
Virtual School of Molecular Sciences

xml-dev: A list for W3C XML Developers