Unusual error with MSXML

Ben Trafford btrafford at worldnet.att.net
Tue Nov 4 00:44:36 GMT 1997

Chris Lovett wrote:

> I notice you are using a  JDK 1.0.2 version of MSJAVA.DLL.  I've
> reproduced the problem, it crashes on the line Document d = new
> Document() and so I'm guessing this has something to do with JavaBeans,
> since there is a DocumentBeanInfo.  I'll trying building another version
> that works with JDK 1.0.2.  In the meantime you should be able to get it
> to work using Microsoft's Java SDK 2.0.

	Please ignore my previous plea for advice in a letter directed to Chris
Maden. I'll download the 2.0 SDK tonight and give 'er a whirl. Is there
any public documentation on the error messages that MSXML gives out?
Simon St.Laurent sent me some the other night, and they were a little. .
.confusing.

	Here's the copy of the error message he sent me:

Error: null(24,9)
Context:  - <null>
com.ms.xml.ParseException: Expected: Doctype
        at com.ms.xml.Parser.error(Parser.java:110)
        at com.ms.xml.Parser.parseToken(Parser.java:583)
        at com.ms.xml.Parser.parseKeyword(Parser.java:599)
        at com.ms.xml.Parser.tryDocTypeDecl(Parser.java:748)
        at com.ms.xml.Parser.parseProlog(Parser.java:676)
        at com.ms.xml.Parser.parseDocument(Parser.java:642)
        at com.ms.xml.Parser.parse(Parser.java:58)
        at com.ms.xml.Document.load(Document.java:183)
        at msxml.main(msxml.java:48)

	Can you explain to me what that error represents, in terms of what each
field means? It's obviously sorted in a rational fashion, but I'm not
very good at guesswork. Any help you could proffer would be very much
appreciated, even if it's just pointing me to some more narrative-style
documentation (if any exists).

--->Ben Trafford

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)