Incremental Parsers

Ken Rawlings krawling at vervet.com
Fri Nov 7 04:49:05 GMT 1997

   Is there any work being done on XML parsers(preferably in Java) that
   will allow incremental parsing with validation? I'd like to have the
   ability to add elements to a loaded document tree knowing immediately
   whether that addition is valid. It appears that the Microsoft
   parser might be able to accomplish this, but not via the public API.

   I'd implement this myself, but i'm a little hesitant about the
   vagaries of on the fly DTD validation. Are there any resources out
   there that discuss this sort of thing?

Thanks,
Ken Rawlings(krawling at vervet.com, www.vervet.com)

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)