XML product survey

Pam Gennusa pam.gennusa at DPSL.CO.UK
Mon Nov 10 14:04:33 GMT 1997

On 18 November 1997, Technology Appraisals will again be hosting a one-day
seminar on XML in the UK (the first one was last April). I have been asked
to present a survey of the work to date on XML products and tools.

The presentation will not include any evaluation of the products or tools
mentioned. However, I would like to be able to give the following
information:

Vendor or independent developer's name
Contact information for vendor or developer (if desired)
Name of tool or product
General catelgory of tool or product
Status (released, in beta, etc.)
Commercial details (price, public domain, etc.)
Brief description of product or tool highlighting distinguishing
characteristics.

If you have not got an XML offering yet, can you please let me know if your
company:

a) has taken a position on XML product support and if so what
b) has made any announcements about XML product support and if so what (also
any caveats that apply)
c) is planning any XML product support that you are comfortable talking
about at this time

I appreciate any information you can supply. Ideally, I would like to get
the information by Thursday 13 November (earlier would be delightful). If
you intend to respond, but cannot by that date, please let me know as well.

Kind regards,
Pam

P.S. On another topic, please note that the SGML/XML Europe '98 Call for
Papers is out. It is available on the GCA website at www.gca.org or you can
contact their office at +1 703 519 8167 to send a copy of the brochure. The
closing date for abstract submission is 19 December 1997. We are planning a
very high profile for XML at this conference including a new technologies
track.
*********
Pamela L. Gennusa, Managing Director, email: Pam.Gennusa at dpsl.co.uk
Database Publishing Systems Ltd, 608 Delta Business Park
Great Western Way, Swindon, Wiltshire SN5 7XF, UK
Tel:+44 1793 512 515;fax +44 1793 512 516              URL:www.dpsl.co.uk
*********

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)