MSXML is tied to Windows

Per-Ake Ling Per-Ake.Ling at uab.ericsson.se
Fri Nov 14 20:03:34 GMT 1997

> From: Andrew Layman <andrewl at microsoft.com>
...[snip]
> I believe that the dependency on the XMLInputStream interface is to avoid
> some bugs in the JDK 1.1 libraries that do not handle byte ordering
> correctly on Apple platforms. That is my memory; you could alter the code to
> use the JDK packages and test on Apple if you like.
>
> The packages com.ms.xml.xmlstream and the alternate version are functionally
> equivalent, but the Windows-specific one has much higher performance. Choose
> portable or fast depending on your needs.

I can accept the second paragraph but the first one is very confusing: if
the portable code may have problems on Apple, use the Windows-specific
code so it can't run on Apple or on any other platform ?

Per-Åke
--
Per-Åke Ling	(note: Per-&Aring;ke, transliteration Per-Ake)
email:	Per-Ake.Ling at uab.ericsson.se	phone:  +46  8 727 5674

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)