MSXML is tied to Windows

Joe Lapp jlapp at acm.org
Fri Nov 14 20:05:17 GMT 1997

At 11:15 AM 11/14/1997 -0800, you wrote:
>Windows dependency of MSXML is minimal.  All you have to do is following:
>[...]
>WIth above two changes, you will end up with a pure-Java version of MSXML.
>MSXML is the most complete XML parser available right now and you get the
>source code on top of it.  I would be smiling by now if I were you :-)

How 'bout that!  Microsoft's EULA even grants us the right to redistribute
such modified code.  Quite generous of them, I must say.  Microsoft just
went up a point in my rating system.  I am indeed smiling now.  :-)

My apologies to the MSXML team.
--
Joe Lapp (Java Apps Developer/Consultant)
Unite for Java! - http://www.javalobby.org
jlapp at acm.org

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)