Query Languages for XML

Joe Lapp jlapp at acm.org
Mon Nov 17 19:04:04 GMT 1997

"Simeon Simeonov" <simeons at allaire.com> wrote:
>[...]
>I would speculate that, if a standard does not emerge by the next browser
>releases, vendors will move to provide their own query mechanisms. Why?
>Because they would like to make the consumption of arbitrary XML from within
>HTML as easy as possible. (IE4 DSOs are a move in the right direction.)

I think there is another reason why we wouldn't need to wait for the
DOM spec to complete.  I'm preparing an argument for why DOM cannot be
extended to do the job given the way it is currently architected.
Look for my upcoming post on the subject (I'm not done yet).
--
Joe Lapp (Java Apps Developer/Consultant)
Unite for Java! - http://www.javalobby.org
jlapp at acm.org

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)