XML-DEV membership

Peter Murray-Rust peter at ursus.demon.co.uk
Sat Nov 29 16:05:46 GMT 1997

At 06:14 29/11/97 UT, Simon St.Laurent wrote:
[...]
>nor does it sound like the readership of this list

Henry tells me that the membership is about 500-600.

It is a relatively unrewarding task managing any mailing list, and Henry
has been much encouraged by messages of thanks for this service.  We are
both keen to see the scientific publishing process move beyond marks on
paper, which is not yet a universal vision.

We are making slow but steady progress in getting XML/CML known in the
molecular sciences. At least it's now known and regarded as 'yet another
file format'.  So we have a little way to go yet.  The likelihood that the
rest of the world will adopt it will hopefully have a modest effect as well
:-)

	P.
net connection
http://www.venus.co.uk/vhg