XML Support in IE 4.0

Andrew Layman andrewl at microsoft.com
Mon Oct 6 19:59:14 BST 1997

One of the important advantages of XML is that it separates data from
display. Consequently, other than displaying the raw XML text, there may
be no single display format appropriate for a particular document.
However, one way to display XML data is to use the parser or data source
control shipping with IE4 (see
http://www.microsoft.com/msdn/sdk/inetsdk/help/dhtml/databind.htm#ch_dat
, though you'll need IE4 to look at the samples, get it at
http://www.microsoft.com/ie/download/).

Another future possibility might be the XMS Style Sheet idea that the
W3C is working on. This is an experimental technology that appears to
have promise.

--Andrew Layman
   AndrewL at microsoft.com