Case sensitivity (Clarification)

David Rosenborg David.Rosenborg at uab.ericsson.se
Tue Sep 16 16:21:02 BST 1997

robin at mcconnel.ac.sil.org writes:

> I think the discussion was just related to NAMECASE GENERAL NO
> in the SGML declaration, having therefore to do only with SGML
> names.  Your post to XML-DEV made me wonder if you were talking
> about character text in content...

No, I was thinking of the SGML names. As far as I can understand
case-sensitivity is only for the XML language it self i.e start
and end tags should match in case and also match the case of
a possible element declaration etc. This implies that the
parser also is case sensitive. But the actual application
accessing the resulting grove (if one is built) could
be case insensitive even about SGML names. My question was what
people think of this and also if my assumtions about
comparing strings case insensitively were right.

Thanks

</David>