Animal-friends implemented as a pattern (Re: XML-Data:advantages over DTD syntax?)

Jonathan Robie jwrobie at mindspring.com
Tue Sep 30 13:16:16 BST 1997

At 09:35 AM 9/30/97 BST, Henry S. Thompson wrote:

So now we have all the players!

Henry, could I ask you to list all the main advantages you see for XML-Data
over XML with architectural forms? Yesterday's traffic makes me think that
this would be a great place to discuss the issues in some depth. One side of
the debate seems to say that XML-Data adds no new functionality, and the
other says that it adds significant new functionality. At this point, I am
not convinced that I know enough to say one way or another.

Jonathan

Jonathan Robie   jwrobie at mindspring.com  http://www.mindspring.com/~jwrobie
POET Software, 3207 Gibson Road, Durham, N.C., 27703    http://www.poet.com