SAX: New Idea for Entity Resolution

Andrew n marshall amarshal at usc.edu
Mon Apr 20 16:45:15 BST 1998

IBM's XML for Java has an interface called StreamProducer that is very similar
to your SAXEntityResolver.  If you look at the new version Kent Tamura
released last Friday, you'll notice that he also added the
closeStream(InputStream) method to the StreamProducer interface.  While this
seems strange at first, when I recompiled my code implementing the new method,
I realized why this was necessary: InputStream.close() throws an exception and
this is a simple way of adding a means to catch, and deal with, the error.

Perhaps SAX should have something similar.  Maybe  I thinking in terms that
are too Java dependant, but the idea makes sense to me.

Andrew n marshall
  student - artist - programmer
     http://www.media-electronica.com/anm-bin/anm
      "Everyone a mentor, Everyone a pupil"