Nesting XML based languages and scripting languages

Michael Amster mamster at webeasy.com
Thu Apr 23 04:21:14 BST 1998

Jon;

We have posted to the group explaining that we would like to have a
generalized embedded language handler for XML languages interspersed with
our own XML based language.  The current approach in XSL is to include the
formatting command set from HTML in the XSL DTD in order to output HTML.
This does not scale to arbitrary embedded languages (OFX, CFD, RFD).  The
only solution we currently see is to be well formed and run without a DTD.
We would really like to have a DTD so that we can take advantage of
validation and authoring tools.

I don't see from the current XSL approach how you will overcome this
fundamental problem.  Maybe my newness to XML prevents me from seeing how
this may be solved via a DTD mechanism like architectural forms, but I'm
still reading David's book.

-MA

Michael Amster					mamster at webeasy.com
4676 Admiralty Way, Suite 300			Tel: 310.576.0770
Marina Del Rey, CA 90292		       	Fax: 310.576.2011

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)