Nesting XML based languages and scripting languages

Jon Bosak Jon.Bosak at eng.Sun.COM
Fri Apr 24 08:39:50 BST 1998

[Don Park:]

| Let me first say that I do understand why details of XSL WG can not be
| disclosed.
|
| However, I have heard through the grapevine that there is a lot of XSL
| development activities at Microsoft with at least one project close to
| completion.  My concern is this: are WG members allowed to share the
| details of WG activity with coworkers?

Of course.  An industry consortium's work belongs to the companies
that fund the work.  This is not new.

| If so, Microsoft and other members of the WG will have had 1 full year
| of lead time when the rest of us can see the next version of XSL spec.
| It is true that I have not contributed a dime to W3C while Microsoft
| and others have contributed significantly.

Exactly.  But you sure are in luck this time, because anyone who has
implemented against what the submission looked like before the XSL WG
formed in January is in for a peck of trouble.

| What I am saying is this: closed WG like XSL WG should release interim
| specs more frequently (i.e. 3 months).

Tsk.  You didn't read the release schedule at the URL I posted, did you?

   http://www.w3.org/Style/XSL

Jon

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)