'Heads up' note

Frank Boumphrey bckman at ix.netcom.com
Sun Apr 26 22:36:59 BST 1998

Robin,

    I today put up two simple XML teaching tools at
http://www.hypermedic.com/style/tools/tools.htm. They are written in VB, and
thus are extreamly small, but will only run on Windows (3.* or 95)
platforms.

entity.exe (9K) will expand the entities in an XML DTD. The expanded file
can be saved as a new XML file.

     XMLparse.exe (22K)is a simple parsing tool that checks for
well-formedness, and allows one to associate or generate a style sheet. It
will convert an XML document and CSS/XML style sheet into HTML and a CSS
style sheet. The XML semantic information is retained as a class attribute
in the HTML tag. It is explained fully in the Readme.txt.

    The necessary DLL's are also at the above site if needed.

    I would emphasise that these are teaching tools which have been designed
for simplicity of use,and can't handle files larger than 32 K.

Frank

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)