SAX 1.0beta

Lars Marius Garshol larsga at step.de
Mon Apr 27 15:12:56 BST 1998

John Wilson wrote:

> SAX should have a well defined convention for version numbering

Agreed.

> and this should be implemented in the JAR file manifest.

That's perhaps not the best way, since it is so Java-specific.
I've already proposed a different solution[1], which added two methods
to SAX and two to the parser interface, but there were no responses
(except one from David which never reached the list) and it hasn't
appeared in SAX 1.0, so I guess that means it won't be in 1.0.

--Lars M.

[1] http://www.lists.ic.ac.uk/hypermail/xml-dev/9803/0168.html
    (The proposal has some ParserFactory stuff as well, but that's
    really a separate issue. Also, the names are bad and should be
    changed.)

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)