Advice on XML editor development

James K. Tauber jtauber at jtauber.com
Mon Apr 27 15:42:03 BST 1998

On this issue of XML editor development, what work has been done on style
(behaviour) sheets for editing? I don't just mean display information for
use in near-WYSIWYG editors but a generic editing framework that reads in an
"editing sheet" that turns it into an application-specific editor.

What I am envisaging is a generic editor that given an editing sheet for
MathML would become an equation editor or given an editing sheet CML would
enable editing of molecular structure diagrams. Of course, such editing
sheets would include code but that code would presumable have a lot of
overlap with the code attached to XSL stylesheets for display. I would
imagine Java Classes, for example with both display and editing interfaces
for this purpose.

Is anyone working on this sort of thing?

James

James Tauber / jtauber at jtauber.com
Perth, Western Australia
XML Pages: http://www.jtauber.com/xml/