Off track

Simon St.Laurent SimonStL at classic.msn.com
Thu Apr 30 14:25:11 BST 1998

>XML is a colonialist's manifesto. Although colonialism has never been ranked
as
>any sort of a sucess in hindsight, a colonialist might just be a frontrunner
of
>the inevitable tide. It might not be an ideal scenario, but it's not going
away...

Apart from the number of people working on XML who are from assorted empires
and settler states, I'm really not sure what on earth you're talking about.  I
know there are several issues with Unicode (65000 characters isn't enough),
but what in XML is so 'colonial'?

Simon St.Laurent
Dynamic HTML: A Primer / XML: A Primer / Cookies

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)