convert xml to HTML.

Peter Murray-Rust peter at ursus.demon.co.uk
Tue Aug 4 17:38:30 BST 1998

At 10:29 04/08/98 +0100, Ana Heitor wrote:
>Hi,
>
>someone can tell me how is possibel convert xml to HTML.
>I don't want run one application in the command line like xsl of
>microsoft.

Hi Ana,
	This is a common question - (PeterF - is it on the FAQ?). Because you (or
anyone) can design any elements in XML you like there cannot be a standard
way of converting XML to HTML. For example:
	<FOO> This is a <BAR/> I found yesterday</FOO>
What does FOO mean? Should you set it as a section? What is a BAR?

	The most common approach will be to design a stylesheet (XSL) which
describes how FOO and BAR should be rendered. This stylesheet can drive an
HTML-aware XSL processor to output HTML. Different stylesheets can give
different results.

	P.

net connection
http://www.venus.co.uk/vhg