XSchema question

Don Park donpark at quake.net
Wed Aug 5 02:54:07 BST 1998

>It might be tricky; you'd need to read in the XSchema, modify it, and spit
it
>back out.  Since XSchemas use XML instance syntax, doing this shouldn't be
too
>hard; it's a matter of walking the tree to the information you want (not
the
>straight XML element tree, but reasonably close) making the change, and
>resaving the schema.  You'd need one schema copy per instance of the
>application that was prone to this behavior, so multiple copies of the same
>application wouldn't trip over each other's changes

I am afraid there isn't any XSchema file to modify because XSchema is
'inline'.

Inline metadata is potentially very important in applications such as XLF
where each log producer could introduce their own schema (talk about going
schizo!) and update them as needed.  For example, if a TV station streams
out its programming as a single XML stream, it would have to update its
schema for each show.

Anyway, it is clear to me at this point that XSchema does not address
'dynamic-schema' and 'inline-schema'.

Thanks for the comments.

Don Park
CTO/Docuverse