How to process Japanese Code with XMLDSO(MS-XML)

NUMATA Toshinori numa at rp.open.cs.fujitsu.co.jp
Fri Aug 7 08:41:40 BST 1998

In the message as of Aug 7 14:41,
       MURATA Makoto <murata at apsdc.ksp.fujixerox.co.jp> writes:
> Another WWW page for the conversion between EUC-JP and Unicode 2.0 is
> available at:
>
> 	http://indy.opengroup.or.jp/jvc/cde/ucs-conv.html

The web page referenced above is in Japanese.  English version is
available at:

	http://www.opengroup.or.jp/jvc/cde/ucs-conv-e.html

> More than one conversion procedures certainly exist.  The more I think about
> this issue, the more pessimistic I become.

The code set conversion rule specified in JIS X 0221 (JIS version of
ISO/IEC 10646-1) is different from the one distributed by Unicode
Consortium.  Microsoft Windows uses yet another conversion rule (which
is based on the rule previously distributed by Unicode Consortium).
So we already have three different conversion rules publicly available.
There will be more rules for private purposes.  Sigh.

--
NUMATA Toshinori
Planning Dept. 1, Research and Planning Div., Software Group, FUJITSU LIMITED

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)