More on Namespaces

len bullard cbullard at hiwaay.net
Sat Aug 15 07:46:01 BST 1998

David Megginson wrote:

> I'm terrified of what will happen when
> it hits the webmasters.
>
> With the latest namespaces WD, however, XML can no longer fairly claim
> to be simpler or more transparent than SGML

Ok.  But the average webmaster like the average Perl hacker like the
average web user may all be mythical beasts.  We all have an idea what
they are, but in fact, other requirements drive the design.  Winer says
the designers are all scientists and not technologists, and there is a
bit of truth to it.  I'm a content developer so I'm just waiting for
toys.
But as a content developer, whatever the schema mechanism, the colonized
namespace
must validate or I don't buy the toys.  Yes, when to use validation
is process dependent, but it IS a fundamental functionality of using
markup in production.

So, my question to the scientists is, will it validate?

len

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)