More on Namespaces (also long, but also optimistic)

Dan Brickley Daniel.Brickley at bristol.ac.uk
Mon Aug 17 18:19:57 BST 1998

On Mon, 17 Aug 1998, John Cowan wrote:

> > www.w3c.org is starting to look like Schema-of-the-Month Club.
>
> The stuff they're publishing is Notes, which means "neat ideas by
> members; W3C doesn't endorse them in any way."

It's not all member submission Notes...

eg. http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-rdf-schema/ (new version as of last week)

...is the result of a W3C working group for RDF Schemas.
It addresses some but not yet all of the issues in the TimBL/DanC paper
and looks, from where I'm standing, to be pretty complimentary to the
ideas behind the DCD submission.

> > I am confused about where things are going.
>
> So say we all (except perhaps people who are constrained by W3C
> confidentiality from saying anything).

The nearest I've found to something looking remotely like a master plan
is the publically available overview note at http://www.w3.org/TR/NOTE-rdfarch

Dan

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)