Is XML getting too hard? (was: Re: More on Namespaces...)

Simon St.Laurent SimonStL at classic.msn.com
Wed Aug 19 03:28:05 BST 1998

and David Megginson writes:

>If James doesn't need Architectural forms, DSSSL, and HyTime in SGML,
>then he shouldn't need namespaces, XSL, and XML-Data (which seems to
>have been obsoleted by DCD anyway) in XML, unless someone decides to
>start cramming them down all implementors' throats whether they will
>or no.

True - but does anyone else need that stuff either?  Okay, that's going too
far. But does everyone else need it?  I don't think so.  This train is moving
too fast, and apparently has no brakes.  I never thought I'd complain about
standards moving too _quickly_, but XML seems to be breaking new ground in
many different ways.

Simon St.Laurent
Dynamic HTML: A Primer / XML: A Primer / Cookies

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)