Is XML getting too hard?

Anthony Scott-Hodgetts ascotth at imperium.co.uk
Wed Aug 19 15:54:05 BST 1998

Peter,

On the subject of tools proving the XML concept, you may be interested
(assuming you don't already know...) that the recently released Early
Access Release 2 of Javasoft's JavaHelp API is based firmly upon (DTD-less)
XML docs.

For what it's worth, I'm very optimistic about the future of XMl. I'm
involved in creating a Java product which uses XML as its data
storage/interchange "format", and we have a fairly pragmatic approach -
keep a good eye on emerging ideas/specs/standards, whilst building
applications based on either DTD-less or single-DTD documents. I suspect
that many of the next wave of XML-enabled applications will be similarly
focussed. After that - well, we'll see...

So, from the sidelines - we wish you well.

Anthony Scott-Hodgetts

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)