XML/RDF for HyperThesauri(sm)

Peter Murray-Rust peter at ursus.demon.co.uk
Thu Aug 27 01:00:42 BST 1998

At 16:26 24/08/98 -0500, Gerry Mckiernan wrote:
>                                 XML/RDF for HyperThesauri(sm)
>
>In my review of projects and applications that make use of standard or
>innovative implementations of thesauri for Managed Conceptual Navigation
in digital
>collection [See my recent posting: _Brave New Word_], I have learned about
the Virtual
>HyperGlossary project of Peter Murray-Rust and Lesley West
>
>        [http://www.gca.org/conf/meta98/xmldev98/peterm-r.htm ] .

[...]

I shall be posting the HTML/XML 'slides' from Montreal on our web site
(http://www.vhg.org.uk). A major design feature for the VHG was that it
should be easily accessible to people with little or no terminological
experience (i.e. they are only familiar with the commonest terms
('synonym', 'acronym', etc.).  The full DTD is on the WWW site and a few
examples. We hope to post additional content, especially from learned
societies and similar orgs.

	P.
net connection
http://www.venus.co.uk/vhg