XLink/XPointer Developer's List

Simon St.Laurent simonstl at simonstl.com
Wed Dec 2 14:38:34 GMT 1998

At 04:35 PM 12/1/98 -0800, Tim Bray wrote:
>At 01:43 PM 12/1/98 -0500, Ralph Ferris wrote:
>>In order to promote wide discussion of XLink/XPointer development issues,
>>we are launching a new mailing list dedicated to these subjects. This comes
>>after discussion with various people, following some messages that were
>>posted on this (the XML-Dev) list, that this would be a useful thing to do.
>
>For the record, I disagree with moving XLink/Xpointer away from this
>mailing list.  My capacity to watch lists is about maxed out, and the
>traffic here is bearable (for now). -Tim

I really like XLink and XPointer and want everyone in the XML community to
know about and use them. On the other hand, I think it's quite reasonable
to suggest that XLink and XPointer details, especially before the specs
harden, deserve their own space.  I'd like to see some members of the
HyTime community who haven't been working full tilt with XML join the
discussion, and I'd like to be able to ask fairly pointed questions about
XLink/XPointer without boring the hell out of people who want to use XML as
an interchange format.

While I'll continue to make some postings to XML-Dev regarding
XLink/XPointer, mostly regarding the status of my XLinkFilter project, I've
definitely subscribed to the new list as well.  If XSL and RDF rate their
own spaces, XLink/XPointer does as well.  My filters are all set up and
ready to go.

Simon St.Laurent
XML: A Primer / Cookies
Sharing Bandwidth (December)