Python/XML v0.5 released
Andrew M. Kuchling
akuchlin at cnri.reston.va.us
Mon Dec 7 19:34:37 GMT 1998
Version 0.5 of the Python/XML distribution can be downloaded from
The Python/XML distribution contains the basic tools required for
processing XML data using the Python programming language, assembled
into one easy-to-install package. The distribution includes parsers
and standard interfaces such as SAX and DOM, along with various other
useful modules. Version 0.5 can be considered a beta release.
Major changes in this version:
* The DOM implementation has been extensively modified, and is
now much closer to compliance with the DOM Recommendation.
* A Unicode type has been added as the subpackage xml.unicode.wstring.
* Various subpackages have been upgraded to their most recent versions.
The package currently contains:
* XML parsers: Pyexpat (Jack Jansen), xmlproc (Lars Marius
Garshol), xmllib.py (Sjoerd Mullender) using the sgmlop.c accelerator
module (Fredrik Lundh).
* SAX interface (Lars Marius Garshol)
* DOM interface (Stefane Fermigier, A.M. Kuchling)
* xmlarch.py, for architectural forms processing (Geir Ove Grønmo)
* Unicode wide-string module (Martin von Löwis)
* Various utility modules and functions (various people)
* Documentation and example programs (various people)
The code is being developed bazaar-style by contributors from the
Python XML Special Interest Group, so please send comments, questions,
or bug reports to <xml-sig at python.org>.
For general information about Python, see:
The Python XML-SIG home page is:
A.M. Kuchling http://starship.skyport.net/crew/amk/
Problems worthy of attack / prove their worth by hitting back.
-- Piet Hein
xml-dev: A list for W3C XML Developers. To post, mailto:xml-dev at ic.ac.uk
Archived as: http://www.lists.ic.ac.uk/hypermail/xml-dev/
To (un)subscribe, mailto:majordomo at ic.ac.uk the following message;
To subscribe to the digests, mailto:majordomo at ic.ac.uk the following message;
List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)
More information about the Xml-dev