XML parser in C++

Falk, Alexander falk at icon.at
Fri Dec 18 23:06:09 GMT 1998

> Can somebody give me an information about XML parsers/libraries on C++
> (other than MSXML)?

We are in the process of releasing "Parso" to the public within the next two
weeks. Parso is our new generalized EBNF-driven parser that can be utilitzed
for almost any language by specifying it's grammar in an EBNF-like
control-file.

Parso is fully object-oriented, is written entirely in ANSI C++ and is
_VERY_ fast. We are currently using Parso for parsing DTDs and XML-Files in
our forthcoming XMLmagic product. By fine-tuning the grammar control-file
you can customize the parsing behavior to precisely suit your application
needs!

Parso will be available with full source-code downloadable from the
Internet. In order to use Parso in your application you will have to acquire
a license from Icon (licensing will range form $0 for educational
applications to $29 for shareware products; prices for commercial licenses
have not yet been finalized).

If you are interested, please e-mail me and I will try to arrange for a
preview version to be sent to you within the next few days...

Alexander Falk
Icon Informations-Systeme GmbH

mailto:falk at icon.at

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)