NumberFormatException in Parser()

John Kyte kyte at VirtualPrototypes.CA
Tue Dec 22 15:14:47 GMT 1998

I ran into the same problem you can recompile
Parser.java with a hack like this:

    public Parser()
    {
    /* DEBUG: version strings 1.1.x are not
       valid floating point numbers

        String version = System.getProperty("java.version");

        Float fver = new Float(version);
    */
        Float fver = new Float("1.1");
        jdk11 = (fver.doubleValue() >= 1.1) ? true : false;
        caseInsensitive = false;
    }

I'm using Sun's JDK not J++ so I can't comment
on the .dsp problem.

Sean Kang wrote:

> I encountered a NumberFormatException in the msxml package recently.
>
> public Parser()
> {
> String version = System.getProperty("java.version");
> Float fver = new Float(version);
> jdk11 = (fver.doubleValue() >= 1.1) ? true : false;
> caseInsensitive = false;
> }
>
> The version value is "1.1.4" and the exception is thrown when
> executing the method fver.doubleValue().
>
> I tried to fix this myself in my own local installation by opening up
> the XMLJavaParse.dsp but I eventually ran into another problem where a
> certain package was not available:  com.ms.osp.*  Where would I find
> this com.ms.osp package??
>
> Or, does anyone know the cause of this problem?  I was able to use the
> parser package before without this problem ( a couple of weeks ago).

> subscribe xml-dev-digest
> List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)

John Kyte                                   514-341-3874 ext 370
Software Designer, Advanced Engineering    kyte at virtualprototypes.ca
Virtual Prototypes Inc
4700 de la Savanne
Suite 300