SAX: Parser Interface -- Summary of Change Requests

Don Park donpark at quake.net
Sun Feb 1 23:11:06 GMT 1998

>Not sure exactly what the use of these get methods is for cause all the
handlers
>are useful is delegation anyways.  The only reason the get methods would be
>useful is for casting the returned object to some other form.  Why anyone
would
>need to do this is beyond me as recasting this object back to something
would be
>sloppy implementation in the first place.

get methods are for chaining delegations possible as well as allowing the
drivers to provide more functional default handlers without worrying about
having them blasted out of the water just because the application wants to
override the handler.  It is beyond me as to why anyone would cast the
returned object to some other form whether such practice is sloppy or not.
Please enlighten me.

>The default handler could just be something which spits stuff out to stdout
or
>some other OutputStream in a manner similiar to how Aelfred's EventDemo
does.

I don't think customers will appreciate having stdout or whatever filling
screen or disk with SAX event messages.  Internet Explorer with java logging
enabled would cause a hiccup.

Don Park
http://www.quake.net/~donpark/index.html

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)