FORTRAN namelist input - remember? Replace with XML!

Glenn R. Kronschnabl grk at arlut.utexas.edu
Wed Feb 4 15:59:35 GMT 1998

I want to use XML as a general input mechanism for scientific programs.  In
the old days, say in FORTRAN, one used to use namelist input.  In C/C++, one
usually wrote a custom driver.  I want to use XML because it appears to make
sense.  I have started using SP - and want to build a tree that I can query
(kind of like an xrdb interface) for my input parameters.  But, before I
embark on this, I was wondering if 1) this makes sense, 2) someone surely has
a simple tree builder/query interface to SP already that I can use so I don't
have to write my own (none jumped out at me when I looked around).

Thanks.

Cheers,
Glenn
Glenn R. Kronschnabl
Applied Research Laboratories        | grk at arlut.utexas.edu (PGP/MIME ok)
The University of Texas at Austin    | http://www.arlut.utexas.edu/~grk
PO Box 8029, Austin, TX 78713-8029   | (Ph) 512.835.3642 (FAX) 512.835.3808
10,000 Burnet Road, Austin, TX 78758 | ... but an Aggie at heart!

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)