Object Hierarchie with XML

BAILLE-PIERRE Cécile cecile.baille-pierre at bull.net
Tue Feb 10 15:31:36 GMT 1998

As I'm just begin looking at XML specifications , my question will be perhaps a nonsense (In this case I promise this question will be the first and last one!).
As far as I understand, XML document has a tree-like structure which is perfect to reflect composition /aggregation entities ("my book is composed of : a title, an author, one po more paragraphs, etc ..). where child elements represent parts of the element currently defined.
But how simply implement a class hierarchy, i.e "element E is derived from super-Element S and inherit attributes and properties"?

Cécile.

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)