Empty elements

Don Park donpark at quake.net
Wed Feb 11 20:09:52 GMT 1998

Geir,

>While working on implementations using SAX I've noticed that there is no
>way to know if an element is an empty element or not (e.g <Para/>). This
>could perhaps be done using some kind of lookahead, but should that be
>necessary?

Are you unable to process the element in endElement() callback?  Typical
DocumentHandler implementation must keep track of current element so all you
have to inside endElement() is check to see the current element has no
children and no attributes.

Perhaps your have a different need but it seems like an implementation
strategy issue.

Best regards,

Don Park
http://www.quake.net/~donpark/index.html