Namespaces, Architectural Forms, and Sub-Documents

MURATA Makoto murata at apsdc.ksp.fujixerox.co.jp
Thu Feb 19 01:39:08 GMT 1998

In message "Re: Namespaces, Architectural Forms, and Sub-Documents", Peter Murray-Rust
wrote...
> I hope that the "disgusting" refers to the use of 'img' and 'src' and the
> implied semantics rather than the mechanism :-).  I am an advocate of the
> *mechanism* (e.g
> http://www.vsms.nottingham.ac.uk/vsms/talks/chemwebvei/020.html) where I
> use XML-LINK explicitly to combine chemistry, maths and text. This has the
> advantage that it avoids namespace problems. It also allows me to process
> foreign files if certain assumptions are made.

I  think that your approach works.  Do you think that this is the way
to go?  I.e., no namespace mechanisms but links only?  Or, do you think
that it should be possible to convert the link-based representation to
the namespace-based representation and vice versa?

Cheers,

Makoto

Fuji Xerox Information Systems

Tel: +81-44-812-7230   Fax: +81-44-812-7231
E-mail: murata at apsdc.ksp.fujixerox.co.jp

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)