Making COM componts from java MSXML (Was: MS XML Parser on the Server)

Dr. Zheng Min zmin at iti.gov.sg
Mon Feb 23 05:08:40 GMT 1998

A few questions about making java MSXML COM aware:

1. Mike suggested using ActiveX Wizard for Java to create .IDL file. Has
anyone done it successfully? I tried it just now but a lot of method were
skipped because of non-translatible type (why is that? Does it mean those
methods can't be used in COM interface?).

2. Even worse, I can't re-compile MSXML in J++. I stuck in the first file --
com.ms.xml.dso.XMLDSO.java. The error messages are all in the same type:
        Value for argument 'parent' cannot be converted from 'int' in call
to 'Element ElementFactory.createElement(Element parent, int type, Name tag,
String text)'

The statement in XMLDSO.java is:
    e = factory.createElement(Element.ELEMENT,
XMLRowsetProvider.nameROWSET);
It doesn't look right but I don't know how MS can make *.class from it (or I
missed something?).

 Has anyone tried to recompile it and succeeded.

Thank,
Min