multiple handlers

David Megginson ak117 at freenet.carleton.ca
Wed Feb 25 00:56:20 GMT 1998

Don Park writes:

 > I think we have four choices at this point:
 >
 > 1. Leave SAX alone!
 > 2. Add some but as little as possible.
 > 3. Go nuts and let SAX bloat as the months go by.
 > 4. Start EZ-SAX (sorry, I couln't help it.  David picked a name ready-made
 > for puns) package to complement SAX.
 >
 > Personally, I am all for EZ-SAX ;-p.

I think that it will be a wonderful idea for people to implement
higher-level, programmer-friendly stuff on top of SAX.  Exactly what
_is_ programmer friendly will depend on the programming language, so I
agree that the helper classes should stay out of the SAX core, but I
encourage any efforts to make SAX programmers' lives easier (as Don
has done with SAXDOM).

All the best,

David

David Megginson                 ak117 at freenet.carleton.ca