JFC 1.1 Released

Don Park donpark at quake.net
Fri Feb 27 00:01:13 GMT 1998

This is a heads-up notice to those of us interested in Java.

JFC 1.1 was released today.  It does not include Java2D nor Drag-n-Drop.
Metal L&F looks good but I was somewhat disappointed by lack of speed
improvements over the beta versions.  There are still some update problems
and some of the features were maimed or shifted into preview status.  It is
better than nothing.

The fact that JFC 1.1 has now been shipped means that JDK 1.2 beta 3 release
is not far behind since JFC 1.1 was supposed to ship at the same time.

I just thought you guys might be interested in the news,

Don Park
http://www.quake.net/~donpark/index.html

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)