SAX: Comments (question 7 of 10)

Paul Prescod papresco at technologist.com
Mon Jan 5 11:07:38 GMT 1998

Antony Blakey wrote:
> I agree, but your example implies that my comments were about the data,
> rather than about the structure itself - I guess I should have pointed
> out that I'm interested in comments in the DTD, so that the DTD can be
> documented automatically.

The way this is often done is to write a DTD for DTDs, write DTDs in XML
instance syntax and translate that syntax into XML DTD syntax for
machine processing. The strength of XML instance syntax is that it is
infinitely extensible (like any other XML DTD).

BTW, The weakness of ALWAYS using the XML instance syntax is that it is
infinitely extensible...like HTML.

 Paul Prescod
--
http://itrc.uwaterloo.ca/~papresco

Art is always at peril in universities, where there are so many people,
young and old, who love art less than argument, and dote upon a text
that provides the nutritious pemmican on which scholars love to chew.
				-- Robertson Davies in "The Cunning Man"

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)