SAX: Naming and Packaging (question 10 of 10)

Jon Bosak Jon.Bosak at eng.Sun.COM
Wed Jan 7 03:49:51 GMT 1998

[Don Park:]

| Jon Bosak owns xml.org domain.  I sent him a message asking if we
| could use it.  I don't know his latest e-mail address so I sent it to
| bosak at netcom.com.  Is this correct?

Yes, though that six-year-old address serves mostly as a sink for
every junk mailer in the world.

I reserved xml.org for exactly the kind of public use being discussed
here and have no other plans for it.  The main idea was to prevent
someone from doing dumb things with the name; I had a vague idea that
it might be useful for standard DTDs or a root URN domain for XLinks
or something like that.  The domain does not correspond to any real
server at the moment; there isn't even a default email account.  But
if it's felt to be useful as a reserved piece of the DNS name space, I
would be happy to dedicate it to the use of the XML developer
community.

Jon

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)