nested lists, xml example dtd? anyone?

Glenn R Kronschnabl grk at arlut.utexas.edu
Tue Jan 13 07:50:46 GMT 1998

Can someone pls e-mail me an example XML
dtd that has nested lists?  I have a simple dtd
that I am trying to use, but I keep getting an extra
newline (or 2) after a (nested) list using jade (rtf).  I would like
something as simple as:

<list>
  <item>item1</item>
  <item>item2</item>
  <item>
       <list>
           <item>item1</item>
           <item>item2</item>
       </list>
   </item>
  <item>item3</item>
</list>

This appears in rtf (but also shows up as extra paragraphs
in the fot and in nsgmls) as:

* item1
* item2
   * item1
   * item2
   <extra newline>
* item3
<extra newline>

when I put this thru jade without a DTD, I get a whole
lotta extra space and newlines.  With docbook3 and
itemizedlists, there is no extra whitespace.  So, I assume
that a proper DTD is the way to slurp up the unwanted
whitespace.  Correct?

Glenn
grk at arlut.utexas.edu

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)