SAX: Java Package org.xml.sax

Toby Speight tms at ansa.co.uk
Tue Jan 13 11:25:31 GMT 1998

David> David Megginson <URL:mailto:ak117 at freenet.carleton.ca>

> In article <199801071156.GAA00346 at unready.microstar.com>, David
> wrote:

David> Although in fact neither xml.org nor xml.com currently corresponds
David> to any actual company or organisation, and both would have been
David> appropriate choices, I think that on balance an *.org domain gives
David> a greater _appearance_ of neutrality than a *.com domain, ...

Agreed.

David> ... I propose that the Java implementation of SAX use the
David> package "org.xml.sax":

Minor (very minor) nitpick: IINM, the Java language specification
recommends that the first (most significant) component of the domain
name be written with uppercase letters, and the remainder with
lowercase ones[1].  So the package name would be "ORG.xml.sax".

[1] DNS names are written in (a subset of) US-ASCII, and are
    case-insensitive.