DOCTYPE

Michael J. Suzio msuzio at ford.com
Tue Jan 13 18:18:31 GMT 1998

W. Eliot Kimber wrote:
> That's all there is to it.  The idea that DOCTYPE declarations
> tell you something useful is one of the top five Big Lies of SGML.

Can you enlighten us on the other four? ;-)

> If anyone would like to see real code that does architecture-based
> processing, I would be happy to provide it in any of the languages in
> which I've done it (Perl, Rexx, DSSSL, ACL, VisualBasic--
> sorry, no Java, only because I haven't had a need to do
> Java programming yet--note the preponderance of
> *interpreted* languages in this list :-).

I think posting pointers to Perl and DSSSL examples would be helpful
to many of us.  I suppose VB and REX are interesting, too (just not
to me <g>).

So, is this the proposed namespace alternative (architectural
forms?).  I've been trying to get up to speed on namespace
issues, just haven't gotten that far yet.

--
Michael J. Suzio
Web Technical Standards, WWW & Internet Applications
msuzio at eccms1.dearborn.ford.com / msuzio at ford.com

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)