SAX: Status, Parsers, and Clients

David Megginson ak117 at freenet.carleton.ca
Wed Jan 28 16:19:06 GMT 1998

I've just added JUMBO to the list of clients supporting SAX.  In Java,
there are now five XML parsers with SAX support available and four
publically-announced SAX clients (that makes twenty possible
client-parser combinations, according to my arithmetic).  For details,
see

  http://www.microstar.com/XML/SAX/applications.html

While I'm thrilled with the response, I also want to remind everyone
that the SAX interface is not yet finalised, and all drivers and
clients will need to be modified (hopefully only slightly) to support
any changes that we agree on for the final interface.  I hope to be
through my crunch in a week or two, then I'll summarise all of the
changes that have been proposed to start off the next discussion.

I've also been doing more work trying to fix the MSXML SAX driver
further -- it's been by far the most difficult to implement (see my
comments in the MSXMLDriver.java source file for details), and the one
I released yesterday still has problems.  I'll release my newest
version in a day or two.

All the best,

David

David Megginson                 ak117 at freenet.carleton.ca