XSchema Spec, Section 3, Draft 1 (Namespaces)

james anderson James.Anderson at mecomnet.de
Wed Jul 1 20:34:58 BST 1998

Simon St.Laurent wrote:
> Great.  So now I get to do the namespace declaration three times?  (Once with
> the PI, once with the XSC:Namespace just to document the ns, and once in the
> document itself?)  Talk about redundancy!

it's actually only the start. each time one wishes to bind a prefix to a
region of a namespace, well, one is going to have to include a namespace pi.
yes, that's once per document. don't look at me. don't even look at the wd's
authors. it's inherent in the encoding problem.
and yes, since a namespace pi does not permit docmentation, an element makes
sense to perform that task. that's one extra.

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)