msxml parser and parameter entities

mika.kekkonen at vtt.fi mika.kekkonen at vtt.fi
Thu Jul 2 12:11:28 BST 1998

I have problems with parameter entities and msxml parser. I have following
example.xml file:

<!DOCTYPE MODULE SYSTEM "example.dtd">
<MODULE>
K&Auml;T
</MODULE>

and file example.dtd is

<!ENTITY % ISOlat1
SYSTEM "ISOlat1.ent">
%ISOlat1;

My ISOlat1.ent is following file (only one line)

<!ENTITY Auml "&#196;" ><!-- capital A, dieresis or umlaut mark =
-->

Files example.xml, example.dtd and ISOlat1 are in same directory.

I tried to run msxml class, which I got with parser:

java msxml -d <path>\example.xml

and I got following error message

Missing entity 'Auml'.

What is problem? I suppose msxml parser can read parameter entities?

I have tried msxml parser with other xml files without any problems.

If I put Auml entity definition to the example.dtd, everything works fine,
but I have to use parameter entities.

Thanks for any ideas

Mika

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)