Itsy Bitsy updates

Chris Maden crism at oreilly.com
Mon Jul 13 20:01:25 BST 1998

[John Cowan]
> After reading an excellent article on the dangers of the HTML FONT
> element at http://www.mcsr.olemiss.edu/~mudws/font.html , I have
> decided to remove it from ibtwsh.dtd.  Instead, I have supplied the
> BIG and SMALL elements for marking important and unimportant text,
> and decided to abandon color support altogether, since existing
> browsers do not permit it to be overridden (which may mean that the
> author's text color is invisible against the user's background
> color).

TeX (which is pretty much what HTML did).

For XSchema I would suggest, as another poster did, that some element
types specific to the subject at hand might be useful, such as
<elementtype>, <attributename>, and <attributevalue>.  Don't force
IBTWML into XSchema; adapt it to the task at hand.  That is, after
all, the point of XML.

-Chris

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)