XML--I need advice on an XML tutorial I wrote

Peter Murray-Rust peter at ursus.demon.co.uk
Tue Jul 14 19:49:36 BST 1998

At 08:31 13/07/98 -0700, Julie Brown wrote:
>Hi everyone, again.
>
>I wanted to thank everyone for your advice on my XML pages.  I didn't
>realize that I had made some serious errors with starting and ending an xml
>document.

We all have to learn somewhere and you chose a good place to ask questions
:-) I'd strongly urge that whenever you write an XML document - especially
for a tutorial that you run it through a parser. This will pick up
misconceptions and typos very effectively. As with all error-reporting it
can sometimes be difficult to identify precisely what you have done wrong
so it's a good idea to use more than one parser. This is now easy with the
SAX interface - and you can use JUMBO2 if you like.

What's harder - and only comes with experience - is to learn good style in
XML documents. It's worth having a look at quite a few to get an idea.

[... LISTRIVIA alert: an awful lot of quoted material snipped :-(...]

	P.

net connection
http://www.venus.co.uk/vhg

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)