HTML to XML

jmtang at us.ibm.com jmtang at us.ibm.com
Wed Jul 15 20:58:47 BST 1998

Sorry that I did not make the question clear.  What I am working on is to
retrieve some information, e.g. news articles, from the web and feed the
content to an application client which only knows application-specific XML.
Therefore, I need to read the HTML file, analyze it, strip away all
presentation tags/contents, and convert the real content to the
application-specific XML.  Instead of writing my own HTML parser, I hope I
can find some tool to help me or hopefully one of the XML parser can do the
job.  I prefer Java, but I'll consider anything available.

Jung-Mu Tang

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)