Parser question...

Marcus Carr mrc at allette.com.au
Thu Jul 16 01:17:54 BST 1998

Kim Covil wrote:

> We are reasonably happy with the way this works although a touch
> more speed would be helpful as the views the scripts create are
> created on the fly... I have been wondering whether there are any
> tools out there that will 'cache' the parsing of a DTD... As all
> our resources use the same DTD, each time a view is created the
> xml file is parsed... the DTD is referenced... the DTD is parsed
> and then the xml is validated...

This may not fit with the rest of your suite of tools, but for the record,
OmniMark will allow what you describe. A common complaint in the past was the
fact that invocation of the application and recognition of the DTD often took
longer than processing the data - this has been addressed by allowing any number
of DTDs to be read in, then any number of instances to be processed by a
continually running application.

--
Regards

Marcus Carr                  email:  mrc at allette.com.au
Allette Systems (Australia)  email:  info at allette.com.au
Level 10, 91 York Street     www:    http://www.allette.com.au
Sydney 2000 NSW Australia    phone:  +61 2 9262 4777
                             fax:    +61 2 9262 4774